Forum Index
The Boater's Guide to Information, Education & Scuttlebutt...

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

73 chy 55hp steering cable

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pvela

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 2:03 pm    Post subject: 73 chy 55hp steering cable Reply with quote

Mike I have a TX 11 FT D3 Green Cable, I need to replace this cable, I have Talked with Hal Cook, He said you cound Help, we may have to replace the helm and cable as a kit, please let me know what we can do.
Thanks
Pat
Hal C

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pat, It might be more economical to replace the entire helm unit and cable. They are not expensive. See if you can remove your steering wheel without damaging it and if so, see if it has a 3/4" std taper which most have today. Hard to tell on yours since it is quite old. New wheels don't cost much either. Mike will get back to you on Monday if not before.
MikeW

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:00 am    Post subject: Steering Reply with quote

Hello Pat, I have a few questions before I can recomend the correct system for your application. Please give me a call at our toll free number and we can discus this further.
800-998-9508 xt 110
pvela

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 7:22 pm    Post subject: Thanks! Reply with quote

Mike
Thanks for you help and you quick responce to getting me fixed up and great customer service!!

Pat
pvela

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:15 pm    Post subject: Steering Cable Reply with quote

MikeW
I did recieve my new steering cable kit and it look to be correct, but my old cable had a threaded end where it hooks up to the motor with a swivel ball that threaded on the cable that bolted to the engine, do you have a replacement part to bolt to the engine that will hook up to the new cable?

pvela
pvela

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Steering Cable Reply with quote

pvela wrote:
MikeW
I did recieve my new steering cable kit and it look to be correct, but my old cable had a threaded end where it hooks up to the motor with a swivel ball that threaded on the cable that bolted to the engine, do you have a replacement part to bolt to the engine that will hook up to the new cable?

pvela
MikeW

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 4:58 pm    Post subject: Steering Cable Reply with quote

Hello Pevla, it sounds like you need a steering cable clevis kit. We stock them at Go2marine. Give us a call so we can provide you with the correct Clevis Kit for your application.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Mechanical Steering All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: