Forum Index
The Boater's Guide to Information, Education & Scuttlebutt...

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PROP BREAKING TRACTION

View previous topic :: View next topic  
moterboat

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:38 pm    Post subject: PROP BREAKING TRACTION Reply with quote

hI, HAVE 17 FT. TRI HULL W/ 1979 RUDE 140, 13X19 S.S. CUPPED PROP,BE RUNNING WITH TRIM ALL WAY DOWN,GET UP TO 42 MPH AND ENGINE REV'S UP,HAVE TO BACK OFF,IF I RAISE THE TRIM ITS WORSE, I NOTICED THAT THE CAVITATION PLATE IS 1 INCH ABOVE THE BOTTOM OF THE BOAT, ANY SUGGESTIONS ON MY NEXT STEP?? ALSO PUT A MARK ON THE HUB AND THE PROP NEVER SLIPPED,AND HAD A 78 RUDE 115 ON IT BEFORE THE 140 AND IT NEVER DID THIS..WHAT WOULD BE MY NEXT STEP?? THANKS.. Confused Sad
MikeW

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:15 am    Post subject: Prop cavitation Reply with quote

Hello moterboat, sounds like the prop is cavitating. I would try a 14" X 19" propeller. If you have a tachometer on your boat, let me know how many rpm's the engine turns at full throttle.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Johnson/Evinrude O/B All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: