Forum Index
The Boater's Guide to Information, Education & Scuttlebutt...

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My first captain

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ahallock

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 4:09 pm    Post subject: My first captain Reply with quote

My first trip as a kid was to Desolation Sound but with a crazy captain who carried a bottle of scotch and a no prisoners attitude. I learned a lot at an early age, how to fix a head in the dark, not to eat chunky peanut butter with a broken head, how to launch, dock...and that the desolation sound is a great place to cruise. In addition Refuge Cove is an essantial port of call if you are "lucky" enough to be blessed with broken head and one crazy captain. Looking back a decade later, from the Black Sea it looks good head or no head.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desolation Sound is a great place. Sounds like you were out with a neighbor family and inspite of the broken head, you had a good time and made good memories. What are you doing in the Black Sea? Sounds like the other side of the world.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Pacific Northwest All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: