Forum Index
The Boater's Guide to Information, Education & Scuttlebutt...

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cady Lake B & B

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NorthernFlyFisher

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 8:21 pm    Post subject: Cady Lake B & B Reply with quote

Prior to getting married I taught my fiance how ti fly fish. We spent a couple of days fishing for Grayling up in Fairbanks, and lucky for me she became addicted and out fished me and most of the other fisherman on the river. So for our honeymoon we decided to find a place where we could get away and as well as do some great fishing.

By pure luck we heard about Cady Lake Manor. The Manor itself is about 11000 square feet, on the shore of Cady Lake. Cady lake is 15 acres and is jointly managed by the Manor and WA F&W as a trophy catch and release fly only fishery. Although we did not catch any gaints, we saw a lot of large 6 to 8 lbs trout cruizing the shallws and sipping on spent caddis and mayflies.

In addition to great fishing, Larry the owner of the Manor is a great cook and we feasted on breakfasts of fresh strawberries, omeletes and potatoes and had dinners of shrimp, delecious salads and wonderful sirloin and rib eye steaks.

So if you are looking for a quite get away with your loved one and would also like to do some great fly fishing you should try Cady Lake in Belfair WA.
John K

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 5:51 pm    Post subject: Cady Lake B & B Reply with quote

I stumbled onto your posting and I gotta tell you it brought back lots of very happy honeymoon and flyfishing memories.

Like yourself, we honeymooned at a flyfishing resort and the beauty of the place and the serenity of flyfishing on the remote lake was surreal. No motors and no crowd of from other fishermen. And no real expectations of a big catch. We were just happy to be together and spending the daylight hours engaging in a hobby we loved.

I think we caught our share of fish but to tell you the truth we caught more than we bargained for. We captured memories of peace and tranquility that stay with us even today. God bless you and your spouse, I hope your memories are as rich, and long lasting, as our memories. Of course we rejuvenate the memories from time to time with additional flyfishing outings. Thatís the trick. Build on the past as you forge your future.

And Have fun!
Troy K

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 1:11 pm    Post subject: Flyfishing at Cady Lake Bed and Breakfast Reply with quote

I agree, go back often, and for sure on your anniversary. Also make sure the right person catches the biggest fish!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Flyfishing All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: