Forum Index
The Boater's Guide to Information, Education & Scuttlebutt...

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

mechanical power tilt trim

View previous topic :: View next topic  
andrew

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:56 pm    Post subject: mechanical power tilt trim Reply with quote

Confused i have something going on there are three wires from dash to unit when connected tilt trim goes up and the safety switch works but it will not go down there are 4 wires out 3 match the in wires and a ground if I connect the 2 power wires direct to motor it goes up & down fine but I eleminate the safety switch i have changed both relays and the wires all coinside with the #s on the relay I am kind of lost with the elec would appreciate any info Really dont want to use without the safety switch and dont know what the low voltage wire and ground go to mabey to some type of indicator been working on boat all winter and would like to put it in the lake
motorbikemike

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would buy a Seloc repair manual. They have the testing procedures and wiring diagrams. Cool
andrew

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found the problem someone replaced the toggle switch with aftremarket and switched the power in switch instead of the relays switching power i direct wired tilt trim and put indicator light instead of safety switch will just have to pay attention when lowering unit I have a glymers manual for boat but the schematics dont coinside with what i have imagine that thanks for the info
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Electrical All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: