Forum Index
The Boater's Guide to Information, Education & Scuttlebutt...

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need Help Mercruiser 3.0L

View previous topic :: View next topic  
whozleft

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:00 am    Post subject: Need Help Mercruiser 3.0L Reply with quote

Hi all,

This weekend we were out in the boat. It's a 1998 Sea Ray 180. We started taking on water. Managed to get to the ramp and get the boat home. I put the muffs on and started motor. It is leaking from a small plug(valve maybe) on the left (port) side about half way down on the block and located towards the rear of the boat. I pulled it out. It's a brass fitting and looks like it had some sort of plastic insert in it that has blown out or broken off allowing the water to leak out of the block.

Any idea what this plug is for? Anything else I need to check? It was running great until it started spewing water into the engine compartment. Luckily the bilge kept up with the flow.

I'd appreciate any ideas you all may have.

Thanks in advance.
Gary Hosfelt
Pataskala, OH
MikeW

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, this is the block drain valve. The Sierre replacement is part number
18-4226 Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Mercruiser All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: