Forum Index
The Boater's Guide to Information, Education & Scuttlebutt...

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

need help

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Offshore

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:08 pm    Post subject: need help Reply with quote

I recently re-powered and installed new 350 vortex long blocks rated at 310 hp, replacing tried 350 merc mags rated at 300 hp. I ran the engines for 20 hrs not going over 2500 rpm for break in period. The engines ran fine no issues however I am unable to get over 3000 rpms and it feels as if the engines are flooding out -------- that is when I raise the throttles the engines will not go over 3000 rpms however there is ample room to forward the throttles however the engines still remain at 3000. Do the engines need to be re-calibrated ?
Strrykerr

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you throttle up when do you reach 3000 rpms? full throttle ?
Offshore

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When the motors are not under load they easily reach 4800 rpms however under load at half throttle 3000 rpms is max
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Mercruiser All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: