Forum Index
The Boater's Guide to Information, Education & Scuttlebutt...

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Yamaha 30hp outboard 1992

View previous topic :: View next topic  
al

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 6:26 am    Post subject: Yamaha 30hp outboard 1992 Reply with quote

I have a 92 long shaft 30hp Yamaha Outboard.

I was with the mechanic (super nice guy) that just completed the water pump. At that point the gear shift was shifting normally into forward neutral and reverse.

Lower leg was bolted up and the gear shaft was in the up postion, in order to get the gear shaft down, several attempts were made to push the rod down by PRYING the nut on shaft in a downward direction WITH A SCREWDRIVER LEVERAGING ON THE ENGINE HOUSING PLUS TWISTING THE GEAR SHAFT LEVER with no success. Leg was removed and still stuck in the up position it was determined that the pin broke and then a botch attempt without proper tools to remove prop shaft was made….

I WAS TOLD THAT THE PIN WAS PROBABLY READY TO BRAKE AND IT JUST HAPPEN TO BRAKE AT THAT TIME………….I HAVE A HARD TIME BELEIVING THIS.

CAN YOU PLEASE SHED LIGHT ON THIS?

Thank you in advance.
MikeW

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt the pin was ready to break. They are not that fragile. Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Other Engines All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: