Forum Index
The Boater's Guide to Information, Education & Scuttlebutt...

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I own 07 Silverton 39' MY wth 2 T-8.1 (425) HO-Crusader gas

View previous topic :: View next topic  
duncons

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:27 am    Post subject: I own 07 Silverton 39' MY wth 2 T-8.1 (425) HO-Crusader gas Reply with quote

Hi,
I own a 07 Silverton 39' MY wth 2 T-8.1 (425) HO-Crusader gas eng. To date I have 90 hours on the motors. 35 last year and approx 45 to date this year. I purchased it new last year and soon after I got it the starboard check engine light came on. The dealer sent a mechanic and he changed the fuel filter and basically the problem went away for the 5 weeks of the season. This year for the first 30 hours, no buzzer, but then a month ago I was leaving the dock, on came check engine light for 5 sec. We continued on our 5 hr journey and no lite until we we came into home port and throttled back, on came the light for 20 sec. I gassed up and went to my slip, all fine until the next day I was plannning to leave slip. I had motors running for 15 mins when on came the light. I shut down the motor twice but to no avail. Then the motor would not start, which also happened last year a few times. last 3 times this is the pattern. sensor was changed. code 81 showed, harness chkd, mech baffled.
I Already Tried the following:
Mechanic (not a crusader mechanic, but sharp enough) has changed fuel filter. No problem or no water in gas. He put engine in service mode by shorting terminal a and b (I think) Light on console flashed 81.Changed out sensor and checked wiring harness for loose connections. It is an intermittant problem. He ran boat at dock for an hour last Friday and no buzzer/light. Today I started up and was idling at dock for 15 mins and on came the buzzer. I went out and as soon as I got to 1800 rpm it stopped. It briefly acme on again for ten secconds and stopped. We cruised for 1 1/2 hours and docked for dinner at a transient slip. I shut down for two hours and decided to start up and there it was again. I shut down for another 1/2 hour and started the motors for homeward trip and NO buzzer. I cruised to home marina for 30 mins and never heard from it again. The norm seems to be that if you shut down motors two or three times when you have the buzzer the motor will not start until engine is totally cold.
MikeW

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like you need to plug into the computer again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Electrical All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: