Forum Index
The Boater's Guide to Information, Education & Scuttlebutt...

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

volvo 4.3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
anton vella

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:47 pm    Post subject: volvo 4.3 Reply with quote

Hi,I have recently bought a boat with 2 volvo 4.3 GL engines,and 1 of the engines is running 1000rpm slower than the other, and slower than it is stated by the manual.The same engine have rebored recently.I carried out a compression test and the result is poor.I removed the heads and checked the seatings which were not that poor state, howerver the bores appear to be glazed with small patches as if there was water for some time.The risers were worn out and replaced so possibly water leaked before.My concern now is that in the chamber and valves have a redish appearance and was thinking if it is possible that carbon didn`t cover the water deposits left before the risers were replaced, or if I still have a water leak.
If I have a leak from were is it coming?Both inlet and exhaust ports are clean,just the usaul carbon coating on the Exhaust.Since the risers were replaced the engine worked for about 10 hours.

Many thanks for reading and further thanks for replying.
Anton.
MikeW

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have the manifolds pressure checked to make sure they are not leaking. Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Volvo-Penta All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: