Forum Index
The Boater's Guide to Information, Education & Scuttlebutt...

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chrysler 318 Thermostat housing

View previous topic :: View next topic  
confused

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:31 pm    Post subject: Chrysler 318 Thermostat housing Reply with quote

I have recently purchased a 1965 Chris Craft with Chrysler 318 engines. I think it is a really neat boat, but I have no way of knowing who might have done what to modify these engines over the last 45 years. The thermostat housing is like nothing I have been able to identify from the parts or maintenance manuals. This thing has one huge thermostat inside which fits up in the housing and opens and closes by sliding the outside cylinder up or down. It attaches directly to the intake manifold and has no lower housing where the manuals show the thermostat. There is one hose on the side which I think is the overflow hose to the raw water intake fitting. Another bigger hose goes to the Tee on the rear of the engine and thence to the exhaust manifolds. I am hoping someone may be able to assist me in identifying this housing and thermostat because surely I will need to replace the thermostat in the future. Thanks.[/img]
MikeW

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Call Mid-West Marine at 586-778-8950
confused

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:59 pm    Post subject: Chrysler 318 thermostat housing Reply with quote

Thank you. I will give it a try. I made a picture of the thing, but could not figure out how to post it with my question.
AyeZer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, What happen to your thermostat housing? Did the mid-west help you in your problem? I have the same problem like you do so I think if you do solve it I think I better call it too.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Other Engines All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: