Forum Index
The Boater's Guide to Information, Education & Scuttlebutt...

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1994 four winns fling 115hp

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ozzie177

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:06 pm    Post subject: 1994 four winns fling 115hp Reply with quote

engine overheated how do i check to see if it is plug and where do i hook up a hose?
MikeW

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make model and year of the engine? Cool
ozzie177

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

all i know is its a evinrude 115 hp turbo jet that came in a 1994 four winns fling
MikeW

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like the water pump impeller has failed. You can only hook up a hose to flush if someone has installed a flush kit from Evinrude.
jerimie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have the same boat and you hook the water between the jet drive and transom you must un hook the clamps remove steering bracket move slider clamp off the shift line and slide the jet drive back the water goes in the little hole at the top assuming you have the water hook up for your hose
walterharris

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:48 am    Post subject: 1994 four winns fling 115hp Reply with quote

a month ago I bought a Four Winns Fling w/ a 115OMC engine form a dealer in Upper MI...the guy said the compression was perfect... but when I take it out on the lake it only gets up to about 20/25 MPH with the driver me and two other regular size adults and it seems like it should go a little faster....also when pulling anything from a wakeboard to a kneeboard it takes forever to get on plane...I know its not made to be a pro wakeboard/ski boat or anything but I weigh 165 and im white knuckling forever until the boat get on plane....that just doesnt seem right. I have had problems with the ignition...but I dont necessarly think that would effect the speed??? Any thoughts or advice and also can anyone recommend a local trusted mechanic to take it to? Thanks so much in advance for any help that anyone can offer.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
MikeW

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the engine is running on all cylinders and is getting full throttle, you need to take our 2" of pitch in the propeller. That will make huge difference! Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Johnson/Evinrude O/B All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: