Forum Index
The Boater's Guide to Information, Education & Scuttlebutt...

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

floatation bags

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bigman1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:40 pm    Post subject: floatation bags Reply with quote

I used to know the name & address of an australian firm who supplied flotation equipment to make a boat unsinkable i would be gratefull if some body knew of this firm or any other who could supply the same.
kind regards. bigman1 (Ronnie)
sailori38

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My mum used to be up in the Black Isle - Cromarty.

Here are some that are local! Small ones though.

http://www.ldcracingsailboats.co.uk/index.asp?selection=category&InBox=Buoyancy%20Bags&countstart=0

Are you looking for the one, single inflation bag to keep the vessel afloat (to use the vessel as a life raft)? I remember those big bags being sold in the 80's and 90's - but I have not seem or heard of them in 10 years or so.

I think that the advent of the 406 EPIRB, a survival suit and easy insurance has replaced the feeling that you need to 'take care' of yourself.

Good luck then,
David
bigman1

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:16 pm    Post subject: floatation bags Reply with quote

Hi david
thanks for your input, i've found the firm it's name is "turtlepac" they are based in australia,they supply all types of floatation bags including"yacht packs" the aim is to keep the vessel afloat should it strike anything such as a container ect. Thanks again, safe boating, Ronnie.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Cabin & Galley All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: