Forum Index
The Boater's Guide to Information, Education & Scuttlebutt...

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Oil Change

View previous topic :: View next topic  
coloradoreeds@comcast.net

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:34 am    Post subject: Oil Change Reply with quote

Just fired up the 5.0 Volvo penta for the first time since it was winterized in Nov. After running the motor for 10 minutes the oil had not warmed up and when I removed the oil fill cap from the valve cover vapor rose out of the opening. There was not any smell of smoke or burn to the vapor. Should I still proceed with chnaging out the oil or is it possible that I have a problem with my oil pump?
MikeW

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:29 pm    Post subject: Oil Change Reply with quote

Everythin sounds ok. Some blow-by is norman. The engine oil takes a while to warm up idleing on a trailer.
MikeW

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is hard to get any real temperature in an engine at idle. I would let it run until the oil warms up enough extract it from the engine. Change the oil and take the boat for a spin. Enjoy the spring! Cool
walterharris

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:28 pm    Post subject: Oil Change Reply with quote

start it, let it run for 5 minutes. Then shut it off and wait 5 minutes, then look. Oil needs to be checked with the engine off, and warm.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
kswaby10

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for this.

car gamesfishing gameszombie gamestyping gamesninja gamesamazon couponsiphone cases
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Volvo-Penta All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: