Forum Index
The Boater's Guide to Information, Education & Scuttlebutt...

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1978 Hydra-Sports 2100 CC?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Melvin

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 7:24 pm    Post subject: 1978 Hydra-Sports 2100 CC? Reply with quote

Have a nice day to all!

I search on the craigslist-
http://cnj.craigslist.org/boa/652792573.html
(1985 37 Egg Harbor Sportfisherman)

this boat and I found it interesting one to purchase, but I want to ake sure if this is in good condition or the seller of this boat is trustworthy.

Can you help me in my assesment for this boat, so I will not regret in the end.

Thank you and I hope you can give suggestions for this!
boatScotty

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 7:52 am    Post subject: 1978 Hydra-Sports 2100 CC? Reply with quote

Go look at the boat with a checklist in hand (unless you are familiar with checking boats out).

As far as Craigslist goes - I have bought and sold a number of things on it! Including my current boat!! Use common sense to determine quality of boat and seller.

Best of luck...

Marine Tech.
Melvin

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 8:38 pm    Post subject: Thank you Reply with quote

Thank you with that advice Im also thinking to buy directly from their site - www.altrionmarine.com
Melvin

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 7:49 pm    Post subject: Re: 1978 Hydra-Sports 2100 CC? Reply with quote

boatScotty wrote:
Go look at the boat with a checklist in hand (unless you are familiar with checking boats out).

As far as Craigslist goes - I have bought and sold a number of things on it! Including my current boat!! Use common sense to determine quality of boat and seller.

Best of luck...

Can you recommend a site that I can purchase good boat?
Patty Rowe

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:29 pm    Post subject: How to buy a boat Reply with quote

How do you buy a car? Why go to a dealership if you can buy it from an owner or on Craig's List? Cost?

You take a risk dealing with a private party. I have had good experiences and bad.

The same rules and caveates apply when you buy a boat. Let the buyer beware....

The ABYC, American Boat and Yacht Counsil, (http://www.abycinc.org)
has been working dilligently to provide certification to dealers and technicians who go through a rigorous approval and training process to become ABYC certified technicians. This certification program reaches out to provide standards-based, continuing education for marine technicians throughout the industry.

The NMMA, (http://www.nmma.org) The National Marine Manufacturers Association has developed certification programs to help manufacturers comply with established standards and safety regulations, and to help to inform the public of such compliance when purchasing equipment. The NMMA program certifies that the design meets the standards outlined in the NMMA Certification Handbook. The manufacturer has the responsibility of assuring that production units are manufactured in compliance with the certified design.

New Boat models must be inspected and certified prior to shipment. A list of boat manufacturers who are "Certified" is on their website.

To obtain a Boat or Yacht Certification, all components used must be on the NMMA - Type Accepted list. Details can be found at the ABYC and NMMA websites.

Can you find good deals on boats not featured by Yacht Brokers or purchased brand new from the boat dealer? Sure, but knowing about the manufacturer and whether or not the "model" you are looking at was "Certified" may be something you want to consider.

My recommedation is to have a Certified Marine Surveyor inspect the boat prior to purchase. It's the best $300 you may ever spend as a boater.

Cool Cool
Melvin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:28 pm    Post subject: Contact Dealer Through Altrion Marine Reply with quote

I have already contact www.altrionmarine.com and I think they have a good boat although its not new but its all in good condition and I am planning to purchase one they also recommend me to check out their car in www.xtremecars.com. But its more safe if I can see first all items not only in site.

I also doing fishing and I got also see great items in Altrion Marine and I avail 10% to 50 % discount on all items.

They have a good offer and much convenient shipping.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Buying a Boat All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: