Forum Index
The Boater's Guide to Information, Education & Scuttlebutt...

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Boat repair

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Join our Boaters Community!!!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anmccull

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 10:11 am    Post subject: Boat repair Reply with quote

Ihave a mooba boat andi I have ashaft seal that needs to be repacked. what are the steps I need to take. Do I have to take the drive shaft out to do it. It is a 97 model Boomerang not a V drive
MikeW

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 1:24 pm    Post subject: Boat repair Reply with quote

Hello, you don't need to pull the shaft. You back off the large nut on the stuffing box and you will see the packing gland. I suggest you remove all the old packing and put in 3 rings. Tighten it until there is a very slight drip. Do not over tighten the packing it can burn up the shaft.
walterharris

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:35 am    Post subject: Boat repair Reply with quote

finaly finished the boat today and is put up in the storage ready for the bass tourny here are the pics
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Join our Boaters Community!!! All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: