Forum Index
The Boater's Guide to Information, Education & Scuttlebutt...

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

gas engine

View previous topic :: View next topic  
matt.59

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 9:59 pm    Post subject: gas engine Reply with quote

I am not sure what engine I have. I've been told 130 something.there is no riveted plate to tell me but volvo b 20 is casted on block above fuel pump. Is their an a,b,c,or d letter that I need for parts. I am having the valve seats fixed and noticed their is no thermostate? dose it need one.I see sevral listed on gotomarine dont know if: or wich one?
read lots of posts very helpful so far Thank you for Your time!
MikeW

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This B30 was a straight-6 automobile engine produced by Volvo Cars starting in 1969, and used in the company's 164 sedan from 1969 through 1975. It was also used in the Volvo C303 military vehicle. Other uses included marine, industrial and agricultural applications. It was a robust pushrod engine using timing gears and displaced 3.0 L (2978 cc/181 in³). Basically it's a B20 with two added cylinders. Output ranged from 130 hp (97 kW) with the B30A equipped with two Zenith-Stromberg 175CD2SE sidedraught CD carburetors Cool
matt.59

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 9:30 pm    Post subject: sorry I was short on info Reply with quote

It is a inline four cylinder push rod motor with two carburetors and painted red. Iam not sure what a sidedraught is. so it must be this B20. acording to the drawings on volvo's website it dosn't have an oil cooler eather. Is that on purpose? Thanks again for your time sorry I was short on what info I had.
MikeW

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like you have an AQ130 engine Cool
matt.59

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 7:48 pm    Post subject: Thank you Reply with quote

Thanks for the time the parts that I neeed seem to match to that model. do you have any opinion on the thermostate or oil cooler stiuation?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Volvo-Penta All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: