Forum Index
The Boater's Guide to Information, Education & Scuttlebutt...

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

impeller installation

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jab6381

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:12 am    Post subject: impeller installation Reply with quote

I have just purchased 1999 Chaparral with twin 350 MPI and Bravo ! stern drives. It sat for some time as it only had 20 hours on it over the last two years. So I decided to have it completely serviced after i lost an impeller on the starboad side. SO both impelers and thermostats were replaced along with an oil change. After this was completed the engines would idle great and run about 160 degrees, within minutes underload the temp would runstraight to about 220 degrees so I promptly returned to the dock. I checked to make sure the thermostats were not installed backwards, could the impellers be in backwards, the old one that was not destroyed has a curve to it and the houseing indicates a LH ROT. What could be causing both engines to be running hot after this work?

Thanks
MikeW

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any chance you hooked the water hoses backwards?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Mercruiser All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: