Forum Index
The Boater's Guide to Information, Education & Scuttlebutt...

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Battery Health is a voltmeter

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ingvey

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:10 pm    Post subject: Battery Health is a voltmeter Reply with quote

Just wanted folks to know an easy way to measure battery health is to measure the resting voltage. This is the voltage across the terminals after you have not run the engine or charged the battery. 12.77 = full charge
12.50 = 3/4 full
12.25 = 1/2 full
do not discharge battery lower than this. to check your charger start engine and you should have between 13.25 and 15 volts in this range you are OK good luck
Flying J

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 11:38 am    Post subject: Battery health is a voltmeter Reply with quote

That's a good rule to follow, takes a little of the mystery out of knowing battery health. When your battery does start to show it's age try using the Nanopulser to reconditiuon it. I do and it works good. Extends the life of the battery. I mentioned this to someone else on Boatersline. Here's a link, I got the Nanopulser gizzmo at Go2marine a year ago. Nanopulser Battery Conditioner
stuart888

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great thoughts, going to get one myself. The battery is like the heart of the boat, and I sure don't like trouble. Mine gets a lot of use, as we like to plug in the portable TV, Q-Beam, and other electrical items that really drain it. Plus in off season, we park the boat for lengthy time periods. A battery reconditioner is standard equipment, that I was missing.

Thanks a bunch, Stuart
Hal C

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 9:23 am    Post subject: Battery Health and Conditioner Reply with quote

Stuart888, I also have a Nanopulser. Here's a link to how the Nanopulser works and testimonials from Nanopulser customers:
Nanopulser Testimonials
Please feel free to contact us at Go2marine.com if you need help in anyway. Thanks.

[/url]
harry

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:15 pm    Post subject: yes Reply with quote

Yes batter heart works like a voltmeter
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Electrical All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: