Forum Index
The Boater's Guide to Information, Education & Scuttlebutt...

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fuse Block

View previous topic :: View next topic  
no1ddgrfn

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:29 pm    Post subject: Fuse Block Reply with quote

Hello,

I have a 1984 Northstar. I was looking for the fuse block and was unable to find it. I traced all the wires from the instruments and nothing. Is this common for this type of boat? Should I install one?

Marcelo T.
GregM

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:21 pm    Post subject: Fuse Block Reply with quote

Good Afternoon: I find it beyond belief that a manufacturer would not install a fuse block or linkage in an electrical system. Quite frankly it is not legal to wire a marine system, without some sort of protection.

I would all but insist that, for you, and all others , that a fuse block be installed. You can contact customerservice@go2marine.com. They will be happy to assist.

Thank you.

Twisted Evil
MikeW

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:35 pm    Post subject: Fuse Block Reply with quote

Hello ddgrfn; me too grew up going to Chavez Ravine. I saw Koufax pitch several times. About fuse block, there are several ways to rig a boat. I prefer to have a common buss for ground and a fuse block with 6 or more circuits. If there is a short, it will only blow the fuse assigned to that circuit or designated accessory. Some times boats are wired with one main fuse. I don't like that because if you have a problem with one circuit, it shuts everything down. This could leave you dead in the water just because (for example) your bilge blower is shorted out. I hope this answers your question.
vima

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Electrical Reply with quote

The term Electrical denotes "global word which creates a new world".The Electricity can be used in all over the world.

Sreevysh Corp
harry

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:13 pm    Post subject: here it is Reply with quote

Just replace the fuse wire with new one
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Electrical All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: