Forum Index
The Boater's Guide to Information, Education & Scuttlebutt...

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

fishing holes

View previous topic :: View next topic  
djunt

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 1:26 pm    Post subject: fishing holes Reply with quote

I am looking for a good place to fish in eastern washington state and looking for suggestions.
patE

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 4:35 pm    Post subject: Jameson Lake Reply with quote

Good results at Jameson Lake.
Wooleybooger33

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 9:35 pm    Post subject: Eastern Wa Fishing Reply with quote

Jameson is a great trout lake. Aside from a freak algea bloom in 2005, Jameson is back in full force. Even planted 1200 2-4 pounders last fall. Also check out the ponds at the Wittig Ranch at the north end. 75 bucks a person/day, but totallly worth it if you are a fly fishing enthusiast.
NorthernFlyFisher

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 6:10 pm    Post subject: eastern washingotn favorites Reply with quote

Here are few of my favorites, I prefer to wade, or use a pontoon boat, but on most of these waters you can also use a small ski boat.

Jameson Lake

Grimes Lake (usually does not open till june but huge lahotan cutthroat are readily caught)

Banks Lake (Great carp and bass fishing, the bass move to beds in june along the east bank and are super aggressive, the best way to cover a lot of water is by car and wading the shore)

Lenore Lake (fly fishing only, but great lahotans, can wade the north end but prefer to float the middle shores at early and last light)

Dry Falls Lake (fly fishing only, last year it did not produce very well, but historically very popular and you cannpot beat the scenery)

Rocky Ford Creek (Fly fishing only but huge rainbows, 20 inches is small. Very finicky but way too much fun)

Yakima River (Fly fishing only, I love to hit the upper reaches of the river early on with a three of rour weight fly rod and use pale sallys. Great fishing for small hard fighting wild trout.)

Keechlus Lake (The big lake just east of snoqualmie pass. great Kokanee and trout fishing. My best luck from shore is early and later or at night with bait pattern streamers, what you would use for silvers in the sound, and fish the shallows)

Free stone inn in Winthrop is among my top ten favorite places to fish. They have about a five acre trout pond filled with large rainbows and brookies. It is fly fishing only, but the lodging, the scenery, and the fishing cannot be beat. great place to take a beginner to build confidence or to get away with your significant other. www.freestoneinn.com I caught a three pound brookie, and some five and six pound rainbows on size eight stimulators morning and evening and chronomids and scuds during the heat of the day. 20 fish day is normal. If you time it right you can also fish the Methow.

Hope this helps.

Casey
GeorgeK

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:55 am    Post subject: Flyfishing in Eastern Washingotn Reply with quote

I see you have done plenty of flyfishing in the Northwest before you got moved to Georgia. I appreciate the info since I love the Northwest and I'm always looking for new fishing holes. Thanks for the rundown. I'll be interested to see what you have to say about Georgia sfter you've been there awhile.
boatScotty

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:02 pm    Post subject: Flyfishing in Eastern Washington - Olympic Peninsula Reply with quote

Any recommendations of places out on the Olympic Peninsula - West, Western Washington?

http://www.worleybuggerflyco.com/rocky_ford_creek_report.htm

I want to go there!

Marine Tech.
chronicent

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:14 am    Post subject: Re: eastern washingotn favorites Reply with quote

NorthernFlyFisher wrote:
Here are few of my favorites, I prefer to wade, or use a pontoon boat, but on most of these waters you can also use a small ski boat.

Jameson Lake

Grimes Lake (usually does not open till june but huge lahotan cutthroat are readily caught)

Banks Lake (Great carp and bass fishing, the bass move to beds in june along the east bank and are super aggressive, the best way to cover a lot of water is by car and wading the shore)

Lenore Lake (fly fishing only, but great lahotans, can wade the north end but prefer to float the middle shores at early and last light)

Dry Falls Lake (fly fishing only, last year it did not produce very well, but historically very popular and you cannpot beat the scenery)

Rocky Ford Creek (Fly fishing only but huge rainbows, 20 inches is small. Very finicky but way too much fun)

Yakima River (Fly fishing only, I love to hit the upper reaches of the river early on with a three of rour weight fly rod and use pale sallys. Great fishing for small hard fighting wild trout.)

Keechlus Lake (The big lake just east of snoqualmie pass. great Kokanee and trout fishing. My best luck from shore is early and later or at night with bait pattern streamers, what you would use for silvers in the sound, and fish the shallows)

Free stone inn in Winthrop is among my top ten favorite places to fish. They have about a five acre trout pond filled with large rainbows and brookies. It is fly fishing only, but the lodging, the scenery, and the fishing cannot be beat. great place to take a beginner to build confidence or to get away with your significant other. www.freestoneinn.com I caught a three pound brookie, and some five and six pound rainbows on size eight stimulators morning and evening and chronomids and scuds during the heat of the day. 20 fish day is normal. If you time it right you can also fish the Methow.

Hope this helps.

Casey

Really interesting details.. Just what i was looking for Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Freshwater Fishing All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: