Forum Index
The Boater's Guide to Information, Education & Scuttlebutt...

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Looking for a Chrysler Distributor Cap

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stevum

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 10:38 am    Post subject: Looking for a Chrysler Distributor Cap Reply with quote

To Anyone who can help!!
I am looking for a Center piece of the 3 piece Distributor Cap .(The one with the Contact points)For a 1975- 75Hp Chrysler motor model # 757HB, Serial # 14817. I also need the Carbon Tip Contact & Spring for the Center contact.(I don't know if this is included with the Cap). The inside of the cap I have is Stamped with the # 4007X or possibly #24007X. The cap somehow became loosened & the contact areas were damaged by the rotor, plus the carbon tip fell in the lake when I removed the cap to asses the damage. (Smooth Move I Know) Crying or Very sad Any help you could provide is greatly appreciated.
Thanks! Steve A. rokhnd1@yahoo.com
MikeW

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try calling Sea Way Marine At 800-332-0803 Cool
Stevum

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 4:06 pm    Post subject: Chrysler Distributor Cap Reply with quote

Mike,
Thanks for the info, I already tried them earlier today with no luck. What can I say, It's a 34 yr old motor. On the brighter side I did contact a local Marine repair shop & they did give me the exact part # F14006-2, after speaking with the rep. there I decided to pay them a visit. I brought along the Distributor cap & showed them the gouges in the contact terminals. They seemed to think that it still should fire & sold me a piece of carbon rod that could be used for the tip contact. Took it home & whittled a new one from memory(taking time before I cut it to lenght by fitting it onto the motor about 4 times) Put the Distributor back together & hooked up the muffs & it fired right up. I'm probably good for a while but I would still like to find a replacement cap. I think this is one of the best Forums out there!!
Thanks in advance for any further help!
Steveum Laughing
PS: I've owned this Chrysler Boat (Funster) & Motor since 1989 so I'm used to scrambling for answers - didn't have the Internet then though
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Chrysler / Force O/B All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: