Forum Index
The Boater's Guide to Information, Education & Scuttlebutt...

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Penta 3.0GL Spark Plugs?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
welldone

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:04 am    Post subject: Penta 3.0GL Spark Plugs? Reply with quote

ave a 1992 volvo 4 cyl in starboard which was replace by previous owner. Spark plugs type removed are AC Delco R42 TS. Engine manuel says gap is .040 but does not state what plug to use. I can't find information to make sure this is the proper plug. Can any one help me find the correct plug? can't seem to find it online for the 3.0 GL.
Thanks,
Randy S. Sad
boatScotty

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:14 am    Post subject: Penta 3.0GL Spark Plugs Reply with quote

Ok, asking about sparkplugs is like asking about the type of motor oil to use....

I am curious as to why they did not use R42 LTS - the correct plug (and it is a little longer)

Having said that. The .040 gap seems correct. What manual are you looking at?

NGK BPR6EFS are great plugs for the 3.0. I like running NGK's in older engines and aircooled engines. Bosch Platinums are also good.

Marine Tech.
MikeW

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello welldone, BoatScotty is on track. All my years of working on marine engines I have come to the conclusion that GM engines work best with AC spark plugs. My next choice is NGK. Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Volvo-Penta All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: