Forum Index
The Boater's Guide to Information, Education & Scuttlebutt...

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

mariner 5M question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
belye

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:06 pm    Post subject: mariner 5M question Reply with quote

Hey everyone, first time poster here and I have a question. I just purchased a 1987 or 88 mercury mariner 5M 2 stroke outboard. This is the first motor I have ever owned and I just bought a fuel line kit but I have no idea how to connect it either to the gas tank I just bought or the engine. I am wondering if I bought the right kit even as I am semi mechanically inclined and cannot figure this out. Can somebody please help me out? Thanks!

[/img]
belye

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are some pictures to hopefully help explain what i need. Thanks.
This is the motor side. I don't know how toconnect a hose to here to get the gas in?

Here is the gas tank and the fitting I bought. The fitting says it is for use with yamaha and some late model mercury/mariner brand motors

and finally here is the hose

Thanks everyone!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Mercury / Mariner O/B All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: