Forum Index
The Boater's Guide to Information, Education & Scuttlebutt...

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sleeping on a pontoon boat

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ginarita

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:51 am    Post subject: Sleeping on a pontoon boat Reply with quote

My husband and I have a slip in a marina and occassionally wish to spend the night on our 24' pontoon. As you know pontoons do not offer any real type of cover or privacy. I am looking at purchasing the pontoon boat bow enclosure but I was wondering if anyone has seen a type of mattress that would go across the front seats allowing for more comfortable sleeping.
boatScotty

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:24 pm    Post subject: Sleeping on a pontoon boat Reply with quote

Well, I never thought of that, but a few minutes research typing in;

"pontoon boat mattress" on google gave me a supplier! They are out there - go get em!

Marine Tech.
BoatWoman

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:43 am    Post subject: sleeping solutions Reply with quote

If you are handy with a sewing machine, another solution, is to make a new sleeping matress yourself.

Your local fabric shop usually carries sections of foam. Find one that would cover the area you want to make into your sleeping platform (or two if the area is rather large) and purchase a canvas material to cover it with.

Zippers are available that you can cut to size, if you want to be able to remove the cover and wash it occassionally.

Bow enclosures are available for pontoons at Go2marine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Living Aboard All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: