Forum Index
The Boater's Guide to Information, Education & Scuttlebutt...

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Volvo Penta sterndrive cover

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Join our Boaters Community!!!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mastodgel

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:44 pm    Post subject: Volvo Penta sterndrive cover Reply with quote

I have a regal 2400 2008 model with a volvo penta 5.7 sterndrive. Does anyone know where I can get a good cover for the sterndrive? It seems sily to cover the boat but not the sterndrive. The best thing I can come up with now is a trashbag and it keeps blowing off. As an added note, I live on the pacific coast in California about 10 miles inland from the ocean. My dealer is pressuring me to "winterize" the boat so the engine doesnt crack. Any thoughts on the actual need to do this since I live in a climate that doesnt usually have freezing tempuratures?
MikeW

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:15 pm    Post subject: Volvo Penta sterndrive cover Reply with quote

Hello mastodgel, what part of California do you live in? I ask because I'm from California and can't think of many places on the coast that freeze. You can find drive covers at Go2marine.com. To see them Click Here :Outdrive Cover
mastodgel

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info. I bought my boat cover from go2marine but I have not ever found sterndrive covers but I will look. Orange County. It gets frosty every once in a while but never freezing so the chances of a cracked block?
mastodgel

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I found the cover and ordered it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Join our Boaters Community!!! All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: