Forum Index
The Boater's Guide to Information, Education & Scuttlebutt...

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MERCRUISER DRIVE WON'T STAY TRIMMED

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bounty hunter

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:57 am    Post subject: MERCRUISER DRIVE WON'T STAY TRIMMED Reply with quote

I'm having a problem with my Alpha One Drive. Every time I trim it, after a few minutes the drive drops. It really changes the handling and performance of my boat. I think it must be one of the hydraulic cylinders. Anybody out there have this problem? : Twisted Evil
MikeW

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:12 pm    Post subject: MERCRUISER DRIVE WON'T STAY TRIMMED Reply with quote

Hello bounty hunter, your problem is not uncommon. There is nothing wrong with the cylinders! The valve body(hydraulic pump) is by-passing. This problem can be solved by rebuilding the old valve body or replacing it with a new one. If you can supply me with the year model or drive serial number, I can determine which unit you have and send you a link to the correct replacement.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Engine Controls All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: