Forum Index
The Boater's Guide to Information, Education & Scuttlebutt...

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Point Monroe, Bainbridge Island

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nelpoc

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:55 am    Post subject: Point Monroe, Bainbridge Island Reply with quote

We are now renting a home on Pt Monroe, Bainbridge Island directly on the sound side of the spit due to change in plans. Mid June.
Any information on shore fishing and claming then.
All information is appreciated.
Richie
Fishmonger

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:44 pm    Post subject: Point Monroe, Bainbridge Island Reply with quote

Great choice! I've fished there many times. You can cast right off the beach when the salmon are running. There are a couple of times of the year that are best. In fact there is a super guy that lives on the North side that does that all of the time and he usually does OK. I'm sure he'd help you out with some advice. You'll see him out there, sort of near the end of the point. Just contact the WA Dept of Fish and Wildlife and ask them about the seasons, they'll help you out with the times, etc. You can also get a boat and troll out front or over at Jefferson Head. You'll see lots of company in the hot spots. You can ask your neighbors about clamming but look out for the RED TIDE Closures. Good luck.
nelpoc

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:33 am    Post subject: Pt. Monroe Reply with quote

Thanks for the info Fishmonger....appreciate your input!
Are there any boat rental places around
Regards,
Richie
Fishmonger

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:32 pm    Post subject: Fishing at Point Monroe, Bainbridge Island Reply with quote

Nelpoc, My pleasure for the info, hope you catch'm big. I do not know of any boat rentel places but you've got some good neighbors with boats, or maybe buy a small second hand boat and motor and pull it up on the beach between trips. Have fun.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Saltwater Fishing All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: