Forum Index
The Boater's Guide to Information, Education & Scuttlebutt...

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Super Trout

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DustyW

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 6:14 pm    Post subject: Super Trout Reply with quote

You wont believe this story, my uncle brought a king salmon from alaska. It was a 60 pounder. We filleted it out and bbq'd for our annual round up on our ranch. What a hoot. we took the carcas and threw it in Jameson Lake, then went over to the local resort and told fish stories about some fool who caught some mosterous trout. Nobody believed us, nobody believed us, and we said bullshit, go look at the end the of dock in the morning. They did, and were amazed. Half of them didnt figure out that it was actually a salmon and were taking pictures with the dead fish. Suddenly others were telling stories about the one that got away. There were many theories on the fish. Was it steroids? A mutant, or even a U of W hybrid? We expect to see a forthcoming article in the local american trout fishing magazine.
frogscraps

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 10:36 pm    Post subject: fish story Reply with quote

It's amazing what some people will belienve....
tibbs

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 8:44 pm    Post subject: What kind of lure did the use to catch the fish Reply with quote

I once heard about a 27" rainbow caught in a feeder pond to Jameson Lake, so maybe your hox was not to far off from reality. Any idea how i can get access to some of those ponds between Jameson and Grimes?
DustyW

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 9:30 pm    Post subject: Ponds Reply with quote

The owners of the ranch (Paul and Heidi Wittig) rent that pond out for catch and release fishing occasionally. Im not sure what the price is, but there truely has been a 27 incher caught out of it. There is also a few cutthroat lahotan fish that flooded down from Grimes in there, which make for some pretty big fish. The ranch has a website www.jamsonlakequarterhorses.com that has a link with pictures of fish caught from the pond along with more information. be sure to check it out.
Dusty W

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops the correct link is:http://www.jamesonlakequarterhorses.com/index.htm[url]

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn i cant get it right. Heres the real one. www.jamesonlakequarterhorses.com
NorthernFlyFisher

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 6:34 am    Post subject: Boy what a beautiful area Reply with quote

What a great area, and some awesome quarter horses. I assume the pond is the one just north of grimes, and it looks like it could support some healthy fish populations. Something to think about... I saw a ot of horses but how about getting them to put some pictures of the fish on there?
DustyW

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually the Ponds are the ones just north of jameson. And if you go to the Ponds link on the left of the Website there are pictures of fish caught out of there. Thanks.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 7:08 pm    Post subject: My mistake Reply with quote

Sorry about that I ment to say the ponds look to be north of Jameson lake. Thanks for the info on the link on the mainpage of jameson lake quarter horses, I missed it the first time. Wow what some awesome fish.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 7:08 pm    Post subject: My mistake Reply with quote

Sorry about that I ment to say the ponds look to be north of Jameson lake. Thanks for the info on the link on the mainpage of jameson lake quarter horses, I missed it the first time. Wow what some awesome fish.
Gobbler

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 6:15 pm    Post subject: Great Trout Fishing Reply with quote

I've fished there and it is great trout fishing. Need to talk to the ranch owners but they'll rent out the pond to you or your group. Usually there is no one else fishing. You can fish from the bank or use your float gear. The fishing is truely great and with big and small trout! And super scenery!
ThomasJR

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 6:30 pm    Post subject: Fly Fishing in Eastern Washington Reply with quote

Just saw this posting on Fly Fishing in Eastern WA at Jameson Lake and the Wittig ranch. I've fished there (mostly fly fishing) and the pond is great like they say. Here's a link to the ranch website and it has their contact information. Didn't cost much for me. You'll like it.
Jameson Lake Quarter Horeses
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Freshwater Fishing All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: